Special Thanks to…
Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Shanique from Rock Solid Faith. Thank you so much, Shanique for this amazing honor! I’m very excited to accept this award and share with you all my reply. The Liebster Award is a way to introduce new bloggers to the blogging community who have 200 followers or less. This is a unique way to discover new blogs and give them exposure. I will be answering 11 questions that were written by my nominator, then I will nominate 5-11 blogs and write 11 questions for them to answer. Without much further ado here are my answers…
What two tips would you give to new bloggers?
1. Be consistent! Even when only 2 people are reading your posts, continue writing, do NOT stop. I know that as new bloggers it can be a little discouraging when no one is visiting your blog after putting in so much time and effort into your posts, but DON’T STOP. Your writing will attract the right audience and it can take some time but success doesn’t come over night.
2. Quality will always override quantity. Focus on writing one good post that readers can enjoy and take something from. Don’t worry about filling up the empty space in your blog as fast as you can; it is the information you provide that will attract your audience, not the amount of posts you write.
When you have writer’s block, what do you do to get the creative juices flowing?
I read, I listen to podcasts & I read some more. More often than not I hear or read something that lights up a spark & motivates me to write on the same subject with my own twist to it. Other times I go through my Sunday notes (I’m a Sunday Youth Teacher) and put together ideas on a subject I’m passionate about.
What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
This is a hard one. I’m not much of a daredevil, I’m a very cautious creature who prefers to watch rather than do. Going to the beach and getting in the water is as extreme as it’ll ever get for me since I don’t know how to swim and am terribly afraid of the open ocean, but I’ve done it and I’m still alive!
Apple or Samsung?
Neither. I’m a hardcore Android fan but not a Samsung fan either. Motorola & LG are usually my preferred brands, at least they haven’t given me much trouble.
What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
Having my things moved from where I usually store them. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to organization, my things have to be in specific places and will get annoyed if someone has moved them somewhere else.
Where do you get inspiration for your blog?
Through prayer. My goal for this blog is to be an instrument in the hands of God. I don’t ever want to write something that wasn’t laid in my heart first. I want my posts to encourage and build up Christians. I don’t want to write about subjects simply because they’re popular. I want to bring out the portions that God wants to give to each one individually, hence the name of this blog.
What inspired you to start your blog?
I have always loved writing but as I got older and my life grew busy with new responsibilities I stopped writing. After a dark period in my life and after renewing my spiritual life, God laid this burden in my heart to work in ministry. With several confirmations, I realized that God was calling me to Bible teaching and then to use my writing talent to write for His glory. I started blogging in 2013 as a way to share with my family and friends. I had two previous blogs prior to this one, where I wrote mostly poetry, personal anecdotes, and book reviews. But it wasn’t until last year when I felt convicted to take blogging more seriously. And that’s how The Scribe’s Portion was born.
What is your favorite book series?
This is another hard one! I’m a complete bookworm and a fat one! I love reading and as a book reviewer for several publishing houses, I always have a big stack of books on my nightstand. But I have to say that my favorite series is The Ballantyne Legacy by Laura Franz. If you’re a historical drama fan as myself, I strongly recommend it!
You can also follow my book blog where I write book reviews for new releases here.
Where do you see your blog in one year?
Hopefully with a bigger audience than now making a difference every day. I also hope to add an online store selling handmade journals and other writing related tools/printables. So, follow me for updates on that!
What is your favorite way to relax and why?
With a book in one hand and some nice tea in the other. It’s very relaxing to zone out from all the stress and worries and just get lost in another world.
If you won a million dollars tomorrow, how would you spend it?
I love this one, and I’ve wondered about it before. Firstly, I would take out 10% and give my tithes. I would pay off my debts, move to the mountains, built my own tiny house, buy some land, plant a big vegetable garden, make my own little off-the-grid paradise. Travel to Israel, Greece, Turkey, Italy, and Scotland. I would invest the rest to support missionaries overseas and build a non-profit organization.
There you have it, a little bit about myself. I hope my nominees will participate, I’m really excited to read your replies and get to know you better. And now it is time to name my nominees…the Liebster Award goes out to:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Secret to Being Content
Stones of Diverse Lines
Most Precious Wife
His Dearly Loved Daughter
Queen Styles Boutique
Live Young Christian
Here are my questions for you:
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
2. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
3. If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go and why?
4. If you could meet anyone from the past who would you want to meet and what would you tell/ask him/her?
5. How would you describe the night sky to a blind person?
6. Who or what is your biggest encourager/encouragement in your blogging endeavor?
7. Who is your favorite music artist?
8. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?
9. Which movie/TV character would you say is most like you?
10. Beach or mountains?
11. Candy or chocolate?
Congratulations to all my nominees! It’s your turn!